Thursday, May 31, 2007

31 MAY 2007


My Buddy Brandon in the dust storm




My flower garden


Hey all,

Well it is official. I am in hell. the last few days the average temperature has been about 110 and it is not even June yet. But like they say it is a dry heat. Actually to a point that is true. 112 here feels kinda like 90 or so in FLA. No humidity here so it isn't to bad. The worst thing about this place so far in the summer has got to be the dust. There is dust everywhere. Everyone thinks of the desert as sand, well here it isn't sand. It is talcum powder like dust. Super fine and gets in everything. Dusting is pretty much useless around here. Work is going pretty good, trying to get all caught up from my three weeks of being gone. Just about there so things are starting to look up a little bit. I put in for a promotion and the posting closes today so I will have to wait and see if and when I get interviewed. I hope to get the job because it will mean more cash in the bank and that is always nice. It also means less time over here for me. Phyllis won't ever say much about it but I think she misses me more than she lets on. I know I miss her a bunch. I need to get her on here so she can post what is going on back in the states at Budke South. My home sweet home. I am going to try and post a few pictures of our latest sandstorm. It kinda look like something from return of the mummy. Pretty cool to watch but really sucks to be in it. Also want to post some pics of my flower garden I have going over here, we also have some sweet corn growing too. It is moving slow, but it is still green. I hope somebody reads this sometime soon. It would really suck if I was doing this for nothing.....LOL. Everyone take care and I will home again around Christmas.



Chris




dust storm in the afternoon, you can barely our trucks.

4 comments:

Grandma Budke said...

Chris,I told Stacy about your blog-
spot and will tell the other girls
as well. Maybe I can get the word
out when I comment on their blogs
later today. Stacy was at the hos-
pital today when I came out of the
room where I had the sonogram done
(the physician assistant thought I
had a hard belly).I told her it
was because I didn't know her, I
couldn't relax. Anyhow that's what happened.My own personal feeling is that my "hard belly" is just a
roll of fat, but I guess I'll know for sure when I see Dr. Le-Linquister on Tuesday. I DO know
when I have an appointment with
her again--I WILL NOT be seen by
the pa and I AM going to let the
Dr. know that in no uncertain
terms!!!
Mae-Ellen Spraggs called this morn-
ing wanting some more information
about your Dad and you and your
family. Gave her the little I know
about him, but gave her your e-mail
address as well as the info for
your blog, so you'll probably be
hearing from her.I liked the pix
of your flower garden but didn't
recognize any of them. The pix of
the "sandstorm" were interesting,
to say the least. What do you have
growing in the individual pots or
cans? And where did the tree come from and what kind is it? Do you
know?? I hope you put drainage
holes in the cans.
Just a few tips from your Mom.

Grandma Cooper said...

Hey Chris!! Mom just told me about your blog yesterday, so thought I'd check it out before I head outside to work in my flower beds. It looks like you've got a nice flower garden there - must be a bright spot in the land of sand!! I couldn't see anything in the dust storm picture, just a red background. Mom showed me pictures of your boys and they have changed!!! You must be proud!! Well, I've gotta check out my girls' blogs yet, so take care until the next time!! Ruth

You might want to make it so anonymous comments can be made. I'm not sure that a lot of people have google accounts.

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Hi, Uncle Chris! Thanks for checking our family blogs! As we all spread out, it's a nice way for each of us to show what our families are up to!

You should really post a lot of pictures of scenery in Iraq...what everyday life is like for those living in Iraq, both natives and ex-pats! Those would be really neat to see!

Take care!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Just got on your blog for the first time, my hard drive took a nose dive on my system at home so I'll be without a computer for a few weeks till the new one gets here. Good thing I've got a computer at work!! So, where are the trucks???? I'm like Ruth, all I could see was red. It is really that color?

Well, phone is ringing again, got to get back to work.

Take Care,
Gail